Sunday, March 22, 2009

Help Wanted











Anne suggested that the web site be opened to the family to edit. Great idea! It's done. We're trying to contact the company that scanned the family photos but haven't heard back. Hope they didn't go under with the other small businesses. Here are more fun things I found. Some are photos we all know and love. Others not so much. If you know a story about a photo or know who is in them please post.

I need your help on something. It be nice to publish a photo book to include these pictures, the names and family stories. It would be interesting to know where the photos were taken. What was happening - a family gathering or special occasion? It is overwhelming to think to do this myself. Plus, I really don't know much, but maybe you do.

The important thing is, I think we're all concerned that the stories will be lost unless they are somehow preserved. If the effort were divided up so everyone does something, we could all enjoy the result of our work. Think about it and let me know.

I've put some thought into this, see what you think. I use Creative Memories Digital Story Book Creator and the photos from this blog copy/paste right into the program, which has pre-designed pages for the photo frames. It also allows you to put in as much text (stories) as you want, just like a regular book.

I'd be happy to be the editor and have the book published, unless someone else wants to wear the editor hat. I was thinking of using classic black matting and text box captions. If the stories are long, they could be published with white pages and black text. It would be a very simple look without any bells and whistles or ribbons or layered papers or gromets.

There are great programs out there with editing tools to clean up these old photos. If you would like to take on organizing/delegating, that would be great, too. The hardest part will be getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment